Monday, November 22, 2010

Revenge is sweet!

Remember I talked about how exhausted and overworked I was this weekend?  Well, last night, after I sang everybody to sleep (they do so love to hear my nightly lullaby - I bet they won't be able to sleep when I go to my new home - I'll have to call them on the phone every night at bedtime!) Desmond the Duck and I hatched a plan!  About an hour later, just as the FM was settling in to sleep, secure in the knowledge that all of us kids were contentedly snoring away, I decided to let out a big WOOF WOOF WOOF followed by a screech (just for dramatic affect).   She leaped out of bed and tore through the house and down the spiral stairs in a panic, thinking I had a nightmare, or an upset stomach or something.  I could hardly suppress my glee when I got to get out of bed and have a big snuggle on the loveseat.  I think maybe she knew what I'd done, but she couldn't be mad because I was so cute and snuggly and I was squished into her lap with my head buried (hiding my big grin).  I guess she felt bad that she left me alone with the FD (AKA Leafman) all weekend.  It was great, and I didn't get in trouble or anything, even though she didn't get back to sleep for hours, just in case I wasn't feeling well.....  I felt a little bad, but mostly I was giggling because I got back at her for leaving me alone for the second weekend in a row!

We stopped at the Post Office today so I could say goodbye to my friend Jimmy, but he was already gone for the day - I promised that I'd be back again tomorrow!   I have so much to do to get ready for my big adoption day on Friday.  I'm busy packing and sorting through what to bring and what to leave behind.  I'm a little scared to, because I've gotten very comfortable here and everybody knows me and my routine, but the FM said she'll have lots of lists and directions to go along with me and my stuff and that I'll do just fine.  I'm worried that they might not like me enough to take me home with them, but the FM said that everybody who meets me loves me, so that's reassuring.  

When I first got here, I'd never been inside before, but I liked it so much that then I didn't want to go outside, and I didn't want to leave my crate because it was so comfortable and clean in there.  And I wouldn't go outside by myself, ever, at all - NO CHANCE that I'd go out and find myself alone out there, with no way to get back in.   And I used to have my little path down the driveway.  Not any more - I race around all over the place, and I even go outside at night by myself now and come back right away when the FM calls me to come in, even if I'm doing something really cool like exploring.

I eat all of my meals now, and I play with my toys and bones, and keep my crate nice and clean and behave nicely in the house and don't do bad stuff.  I enjoy having a bath, and I love to go for walks and rides, and I am so happy at the prospect that I will actually have a real family to call my own and I won't  have to be the "extra kid" in the house (or worse, the forgotten smelly old dog outside in the snow starving to death).

I think I'll do OK in my new house because I've learned so much about how to be a good son while I've been in foster care.  I'm smart and I try really hard to do the right thing.   I'm so grateful to have a second chance at life!

Love, Magoober

No comments:

Post a Comment