Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween One








This has been the MOST incredible day.  First, I want to share with everyone how WONDERFUL I feel and how handsome I'm getting to be. 

When I first got here, I was pretty listless, and I only wagged my tail tentatively.  I bumped into stuff all the time, I didn't care about anything (even food), and I was really concerned about my future.  I wondered if there even was one for me.   It was a crossroads.  And now, just like those football players running out of the tunnel and onto the field, I AM HERE!!!!!! 

I used to walk carefully (on lead) up the little stone walkway, then to the driveway, turn left, walk carefully down to my field, and then I'd be safe in the fenced area. There wasn't anything in there that I could fall over or that could hurt me, and I knew the way.  I was never alone.  And I started to feel safe.  On Friday, I discovered a short-cut, and now when I leave my field to go into the house I zoom right across the grass and run to the door and bang on it.  Then today, I got to be off lead in the yard - I got to go everywhere and look at everything and sniff and explore - all by myself (though, of course, my foster parents were right there watching to make sure nothing happened to me).  It was the best.  And I want to share with everyone some pictures of me running and leaping.  I was SO happy!!!! 

My hair looks better, my skin looks better, I've gained some weight, my eyes are better every day and I see more and more, and my hearing seems to be improving - maybe just because now I have something to listen for, like people calling my name and the rustle of treat bags (my favorite sound)!

Here I am - I hope everyone can see the big change in me in just a week.  Sometimes I think I look like a lion!  And sometimes I'm so happy that I kick my heels up with glee!

No comments:

Post a Comment