Saturday, November 6, 2010

Leave the leaves!

People are so incredibly weird.  We worked outside today, and you wouldn't believe what they were doing.  They were taking the leaves away! 

OMG - I threw myself down on the piles and tried to hold them together.  Clearly, both of my foster parents had lost their minds.  Maybe they'd eaten mushrooms or something.  I guess they didn't realize that we have to save the leaves because when we're left outside alone in the winter with no shelter, we have to have the leaves to nest in  That's what I always did until now.  They said that I don't have to do that anymore because I never have to sleep outside again, but I'm not so sure I believe them.  Horrible things have happened to me before, and people have broken their promises.  I need my leaves.

My foster mom said she knows we think they're important.  My daughter Bea, who is living with another foster family, tries to sleep in a leaf pile every night.  She hasn't figured out yet how nice it is to have blankets and, of course, a mattress (but the mattress is only for the BEST doggies).   She'll catch on soon though.  I heard the other day that she finally sat down inside the house on the rug instead of pacing and worrying.  That's good progress.  I'm proud of her. 

I'm going to bed now.  Before I fall asleep, I plan to work on a new song about how important the leaves are.  I've already been practicing a few bars tonight, and now that I've had my evening walk and snack I might put together some more verses and sing the foster parents to sleep.  You know - the whole sub-liminal, power of suggestion while you're sleeping thing.  (What - you think I watch public television for the Antiques Roadshow?  I'm learning important stuff every day.)

Don't forget to turn your clocks back.  (Yes, I heard that on TV too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment