Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Is that a wig?

At last, a reasonably quiet day.   It gave me some time to mull over my current situation, and I have decided that I need some more experience at this whole trainer thing, because I'm not quite as good as I thought.

I TOLD the Mom that I don't like lamb, and I told her I'm not so sure about cottage cheese, and today for breakfast, she tried to trick me by including both.  I think I've solved the problem though, since I carefully picked out and ate all of the kibble, pushed aside as much of the cottage cheese as I could, and left every piece of the lamb (fortunately, she remembered that I don't like ground food, so I was able to eat around the chunks - whew!).  There was no evidence of either of the offending substances in my lunch or dinner, so perhaps I am a decent trainer after all.  Hmmmm.....

I was nice and snug in my new coat this morning, even though the temperature was below freezing.  I didn't have to stay out as long as usual though, just in case I was chilly.  In the afternoon, it was nice and sunny and I was out for about an hour, playing in my field.  I love to drag my Kuranda bed around - I pretend I'm a lion and it's an antelope carcass.  I saw that once on Animal Planet and I thought it looked pretty cool.

We had a near catastrophe at dinnertime though.  As you all know, I simply MUST have several pieces of chicken jerky on all of my meals.  Not duck (which is sort of OK for a snack) and definitely not beef.  It has to be chicken.  Well, I wasn't paying attention, and two pieces of my jerky slipped through the crate bars when I was eating.  I tried banging on the crate for a bit, and then scratching (which wasn't all that effective since I have so much bedding in there) and finally I embarrassed myself by crying.  The Mom ran down to see what was happening and spied my jerky on the floor.  Actually, it might be a good strategy to use going forward since I got a few extra pieces...something else to think about!

Tomorrow I have the oil burner repairman on my schedule - I'm sure he'll be happy to have my assistance.   And I think I saw a package or two that have to go to the Post Office so I'm sure I'll go along for the ride so I can visit my friends.

And the final very important bit of news to share - I AM GROWING HAIR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment