Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Blowin' in the wind.....

Today was interesting, to say the least.  First we had a HUGE thunderstorm with lots of rain and wind and boomers at 4 AM.  Then the sun came out and we had wind, wind, wind.  I thought for a minute that we might be heading for Oz, but when I went for my walk, it was just the same old street.  It did, however, look quite different, with lots of big limbs down, and some people down the road had part of their fence blow over, and one of their trees too.   

There were some trucks from the town out there, cleaning stuff up, and I got to meet all the municipal employees.   Everyone loved me and admired my new hair (I forgot to mention that I was out in public, naked - that's how good I'm looking these days!).  Good thing I had some weekend experience with outdoor labor, because I was able to help the workmen.  I did an especially good job of holding them steady when the wind blew.  The FM thought perhaps I was just doing the Bullie lean, but I set her straight.  I am, after all, quite selfless, and civic minded as well.  It might have resembled a lean, but was in reality a difficult maneuver cleverly crafted to keep the work crew from blowing over like the trees. One of the guys was so grateful for my help that he shared his lunch with me! 

I also decided today that I really like my chicken flavored Nylabone healthy edible super-sized bone.  I've had it since I got here, but didn't find it all that interesting until this morning.  It's mostly gone now - I've been gnawing on it all day.  I do like to try new things, and give all of my toys an equal opportunity to be appreciated and loved....

The FM noted today that my eyes are clear and sparkly and she hasn't had to put any meds in them for over a week.  I feel and look better every day.  Pretty soon I'll be on the cover of Dog News or maybe I'll be modeling coats in a catalog.  I'm getting to be so handsome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment