Monday, November 1, 2010

Let there be TOYS!!!!

From October 28


So, another day, another discovery......TOYS!

Ever since my first day here, there's been this fuzzy yellow duck in my crate.  I figured he must be an orphan too, so every so often I'd give him a little squeeze so he'd know I was there and he had a friend.  He'd quack back, and I felt good - like maybe he was thanking me.

The foster parents, of course, thought this was all random.  As usual, they were wrong.  When she was cleaning my room the other day, my foster mom moved the duck to the other corner.  I put him back where he belongs.  This morning, she abandoned him on the floor!  I rushed to his rescue and carefully tucked him right back into his favorite corner.   A light went on.  She put a few more toys on the floor, and soon I had a crateful!  There was hardly enough room for me to turn around so I could zoom back to get the next one.   When she came down to take me out later, all of my companions were carefully lined up along the back of my crate, in a very  neat row.  While I was outside, she (of course) took everything out and gave me fresh blankets, as she does every time I leave my crate, so things are sparkly and I have nice smelling stuff to snuggle in.  Well, either that, or she just likes to do laundry - I'm not really sure which.  It's not like they're dirty or anything - I keep a very neat crate.  Maybe she has OCD (yes, I watch Oprah sometimes too), but I digress......  I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw my duck in our crate, in the appropriate spot.  Then I noticed that I had a basketful of toys that I could choose from!  I picked two and brought them in.  I played with them for a little while, but when it was time for a rest, I lined everybody up, and we all had a nap.  This is how we looked when she came down again to give us our "midnight snack" and last walk for the day.   And another one when I came in - I chose the black bear to join us overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment