Thursday, November 4, 2010

Milk Burps and Cow Beer

Or something like that.  Making lemons from lemonade maybe?  (Magoo - I've told you several times - it's making a SILK PURSE out of a SOW'S EAR - pay attention!).

Whatever it is it doesn't make any sense to me; people say such silly things.  I, on the other hand, know exactly what to say and how to say it.  Today, I made a play date out of a poop date.  Like magic.  I can make good things happen no matter what the circumstances.

First, it all started out badly, with my old coat on instead of my new one (because it was raining).   Everybody knows that Bullmastiffs DO NOT go out when it's raining, but The Old One can be such a drag.  She made me go out, but she promised to stay outside with me until I was finished so that I could rush right back inside.   That sort of made up for getting rained on especially when, as I often do, I ran between her legs from behind. This time, though, I stopped, so that my head was covered too and she was the only one getting wet!!!!  I'm so clever I can hardly stand myself.  But that didn't last very long because she was insisting that I walk around (in the rain in wet grass no less) a little bit before I went back in to have breakfast.  I did, and when I peed, she clapped and told me I was good. 

I got SO excited that (drum roll....) I did a PLAY BOW.  I was a little bit uncertain about how to exactly execute one, but I tried, and she seemed to like it, so I did it again.  Then The Mom play bowed back but it scared me a little bit, so then she got down on the ground and did a really good play bow and I understood and we played and rolled around in the leaves and grass and we had SO much fun.  I was grabbing her arms and she was grabbing my neck and we were wrestling.  It was probably the best morning of my life even though it was windy and raining hard.  I think she really enjoyed it too.  It was my first real play date!

Then we went inside and got dried off and I had my breakfast and a little rest, and then I had to go out AGAIN because (she never forgets) I didn't poop the first time I went out.  It was raining even harder this time, so I went really quickly and ran back to the door.  Mostly I run everywhere now - I'm feeling so good these days!

We had to stay in most of the day because of the rain, but I got lots of opportunities to  play with my toys.  I love taking them all out of my basket and arranging them.  Sometimes I move the basket to a different place too.  I don't always get it exactly right the first time, so sometimes I have to move them several times before the arrangement is to my liking.  When everything is all set, then I go into my crate and nestle in my blankets and pull all my toys under my chin so I can keep a close watch on them.  Sometimes, if one squeaks, I whimper a little bit to comfort it, just in case it's worried.  I think I make a very good friend, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment