Monday, November 1, 2010


From October 26

A blog from The Blob - I am EXHAUSTED.

Today, I had my usual nap after breakfast, but this afternoon when I was outside, I decided that I really needed to broaden my horizons, so my foster mom and I went for a walk around the property - OUTSIDE the confines of my field! Needless to say, she was on a leash so that if there were any problems, I'd be right close by to help her out.  I wasn't going to take a chance that she could get lost, or run away, or fall into a hole or something.  I'm very responsible, you know.    

So off we went, exploring.  There were so many exciting smells - some clearly canid, like fox and coyote, but there were other fascinating aromas to sniff out and examine too.  My foster mom said some were from deer, and some from groundhogs and rabbits, and maybe even opossums and raccoons.  Ho hum - I could manage those easily if they popped up out of the woods.  No problem for a big guy like me.  But then she mentioned BEAR - yikes!  Good thing she was holding the leash so she wasn't scared, right?

Anyway, after that, I redoubled my efforts to pee EVERYWHERE just to let all of those critters know that Magoo is in town and on patrol.  I am here, and they'd just better take care not to scare my devoted slave.  After all, who'd feed me and take care of me if something happened to her?  

We're back inside now and I had another special privilege too....I've been such an amazingly good boy in the house that I was allowed to be loose in my area while she made me lunch and got me a fresh drink.  I was careful to look nonchalant and not overly interested in any of the furniture and stuff, and really careful not to make any bad moves, like peeing on anything.  Of course, it helped that I was pretty well drained by the time I got back in here.  Drained?  I feel like a raisin!  Well, maybe a prune....I am pretty big you know. 

Heading back to my crate for now so I can get my beauty rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment