Sunday, November 21, 2010

Get Me Outta Here!

I've learned the ugly truth.  I thought I was in a wonderful foster home, but discovered this weekend that I'm actually in a forced labor camp.  Until now there have always been other kids around, but yesterday and today, it was just me and the FD.  Let me tell you, those other kids must work like demons because I am half dead from exhaustion after the weekend.

I thought the FM was obsessive about stuff.  Well, the FD has a violent grudge against leaves of any sort.  All day, every day, he is out there fighting with the leaves.  You'd think they were poisonous or something!  And there are lots of fields here, and gardens, and landscaping and walkways and decks and patios - everywhere you look, there's some surface that needs to be de-leafed.  Now honestly - does he really think that he can get every single leaf?  Today I think he was catching them before they hit the ground!!!  And, because I was the only kid home, I had to stay outside and work ALL day (well, except when I was inside having lunch and a nap).

I refused to have my picture taken because I think I look like a Corgi - my legs are worn down to nubs from racing around all day on leaf patrol.  I''m going to bed early, and all I can say is Thank God It's Monday!!!!!!  I might just refuse to get up in the morning.  I think I'm gonna skip breakfast and stay in bed under my covers until noon. 

Crash (that was me hitting my bed). 

No comments:

Post a Comment