Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veterans Day!

This is SO exciting!  I have another comment on my blog.  Jimmy is the coolest friend I have!

Today the FM said I have to start some "lessons in deportment".  Hey - wait a minute!  I'm not an illegal alien.  I came from Virginia, and last time I checked, you can't be deported from NJ to VA.  It won't work.  So there.  I'm very loyal.  A patriot.  I'll join the army if I have to - I'll vote - I'll do anything so I'm not deported.  I'll even do my own laundry.  Whatever it takes.  Don't let her deport me!

She said that it's time I started to learn some manners since I will soon have a new family to call my own.  Manners, schmanners - I'm a GREAT dog and they're just gonna have to take me as I am.  Deportment, comportment, behaviour - what's all that about anyway?Just because I get all excited and leap around and play like a maniac, and sometimes get a little carried away (like when I grab the FM's leg when we're playing and try to pull her over), all of a sudden now I have to have manners.  I have to learn to be "polite" and "sit like a gentleman" and most especially be careful not to mistake arms for chew toys!  What fun is that?  Besides, I surely know the difference between an arm and a chew toy, and I don't care for chew toys, but I do love to cradle the FM's arm in my mouth, and sometimes I grab her with my hands too, to pull her in close.  And so what if I'm a couch hog now - I have a lot of years to make up for, don't I?  I don't do anything bad, I'm just having fun, but the FM says now that I'm all big and strong and interactive instead of being a blog blob (get it?) I have to learn some self control.  I guess I'll do it - I always try my best to make everybody happy, so tomorrow I'll surprise her by lying down by the door and refusing to move until she rubs my belly.  That sounds like a good move, doesn't it?  I'm certain it will secure my position as "undeportmentable" or whatever it is.

Don't worry if you don't hear from me for a few days.  The FM has to go on a trip, so my foster dad will be doing EVERYTHING, and he might be exhausted by nighttime.  But, I've reminded him that I can't really do all this typing without some help, so if we're all really lucky, he'll come through and keep everyone apprised of my activities. 

Don't forget to check out Jimmy's comments and leave some yourself if you want!

Happy Veterans' Day to everyone!  Without the vets, we wouldn't be here, and I really like it here, so THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment