Monday, November 1, 2010

Life is looking up - I have a job

From October 25
OMG - I can't believe it.  I already have a profession!  I am A TRAINER!!!!! 

Fail, Cesar!  (or Hell, Cesar, or something like that.....)  I use purely positive methods.  If only I had opposable thumbs, I'd give my caretaker a CLICK!  But ever resourceful, I have determined that a snuggle from me is just as rewarding, so she gets lots of leans and cuddles and leg clawings to let her know that she's doing the right thing.  I'm SO good at this, and she's really a very apt pupil.

Now we're all on the same page.   None of this "go outside and stay outside" stuff for me anymore.  I could get sunburned, or chilly, or I could get another rash from something, or be attacked by a crazed deer or turkey vulture.  Anything could happen out there alone!  It's dangerous around here!  I walk resolutely down to my field and I go through the gate very agreeably.  So far, so good.  And then, I've had quite enough of this outside stuff, and I spin right around to head back inside.  I know that my comfy crate awaits, and that my bowl full of yummy food (and cheese, of course) is right in there.  She's finally getting the hang of things, but boy, is she quick with that gate.   It takes me about half an hour of coercion and persuasion to get the message across, but she's learning.  Soon, I'll just have to step through the siding glass door, turn around and go right back inside.  Baby steps, that how we teach things.  Baby steps.  She's learning <g>.

She ordered me some stuff for my skin today too.  Flea propellers or something like that.  Sounds silly, but if it makes her happy and gets me cheese, I'll go along with the joke - I'm easy.    (Editorial note from the Resident Slave - they're bee propolis products,  a dietary supplement and a salve for his skin, recommended by a friend who had a SharPei with similar skin). 

Life is good and that horrible dog named Reflection hasn't been much in evidence today.  I think I'm scaring him away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment