Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I'm so excited!



I see that my friend Jimmy has posted a COMMENT!  I love comments - they make me feel very important. 

I had a near catastrophe this morning and I thought the FM would probably kill me....  I don't know how it happened, but I managed to tear my coat.  I think I snagged it on the fence, but I don't really know; it had a BIG hole in it.  She fixed it tonight though, and my only punishment was that I had to have yet another bath.  Actually, that's not much of a punishment since I'm learning to enjoy them.  I got to go for a nice long walk before I had my bath, and it was a BEAUTIFUL day here in NJ.  We went down the street and I tried several times to crawl under the bottom rail of the pasture fencing so that I could check out those really big dogs they have down there. 

While we were walking, the FM took a good long look at me, and she observed that I'm starting to grow a lot of new hair, especially on my back and tail.  When we got back, she compared my new photos to some from when I first got here, and I have about a million times more hair.   She said sometimes it's hard to see the changes when you look every day, but when she compared me to the pictures from 3 weeks ago, I look like a different person.  My ears look a lot better too - most of the ugly scabby things have fallen off and I'm growing some new hair there as well. 

I bet in a couple of months I won't even recognize myself!  I should look nice and sleek by Christmas and I hope I get some good stuff in my stocking. 

The FM is talking a little bit about packing a suitcase for me.  She says maybe I'll need a steamer trunk.  Or maybe a u-Haul.  'Cause I have a LOT of stuff.   It sounds like they might be planning a vacation for me or something.  I think I heard them talking about new parents - real parents - but I'm afraid to let myself get too excited, so I'll just figure on maybe a little trip.  I plan to be on my best behavior going forward though - just in case it's true.....

Everybody keep their fingers crossed.  And don't forget those wishbones at Thanksgiving - if all of you wish for me, I just might have a real home soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Magoo, glad to hear about your hair coming back (I'm jealous).

    Baths are good you don't want to be nicknamed stinky (trust me on that one).

    As far as the new parents go just be you and they will see what I see. A happy go lucky guy who's affectionate and loving life.

    Thanksgiving is good but x-mas is the one that a bunch of new stuff appears all wrapped up. The trick is to get that off but not destroy whats inside before it's totally unwrapped. You'll see.

    See you later, Jimmy

    ReplyDelete