Saturday, November 20, 2010

Rally for Rescues

Hi Gabe - Thanks for writing to me again!!!!  Maybe we can be friends on Facebook or something when I go to my new home.  That would be really cool!  This whole adoption thing is great, isn't it? 

The FM took ALL the kids to a rally trial today.  Only one of them was competing, but they all went so that the FD and I could spend the whole day together without being interrupted.   I had the best day of my whole life.....all the gates were open and I got to go into every field, and into the yard, and the gazebo garden, and up on both decks.  Of course, there was work to be done too - you know I don't just hang around being useless.  I helped the FD in the barn today.  There was this big blue thing covering one of the tractors in there, and I was afraid there might be dangerous critters lurking under it, so I grabbed the end and pulled with all my strength to uncover the tractor .  It was HUGE but I managed to get it completely off and out of the barn so that I could check out the tractor thoroughly and give it an "all clear".  Then I checked carefully in each of the stalls where there's lots of stuff stored, and then I went into the tack room and investigated everything in there.  I also carefully checked out all the nooks and crannies in the garage.  I think I must have run about 4 thousand miles, and by lunch time I was so tired that I went and stood by my door so I could go in.  I had a quick snack and then settled in for a nice nap, but not a long one because I wanted to be out helping again.  I finally came in for the day around 4:30.  The FM had to wake me up for dinner, so she promised that I could have my last walk in just a few minutes because I really need to go to bed now.  I'm exhausted.

I did want to mention that our friend and trainer Pam Dennison always lets the FM raffle stuff to benefit Bullie Rescue when she has competitions at Positive Motivation Dog Training in NJ.  Today we made $333 to help pay for some of our vet bills.  The FM told everybody about me and showed my pictures to all the people there, and she had baskets in memory of special dogs who passed in the last few months,  so we got lots and lots of contributions.  Pam is the greatest.  If anybody ever needs a really cool dog trainer,  she even does on-line training and phone consultations.  I'm going to take her number with me when I move to MA in case my new parents have any questions. 

And, I want to personally thank Pam and all of her friends for always supporting Bullmastiff Rescue.  Without good friends like that, they might not be able to keep saving lives.   Could you imagine if they weren't here to help me and my children get out of that horrible place in VA?

(if I look short it's because I ran my legs off today racing around the farm!)

Thanks Everybody! 
Magoo

No comments:

Post a Comment