Monday, November 1, 2010

A rainy day in NJ

Blogdate October 27 (can you tell I watch Star Trek sometimes?)

It was  a dreary, drizzly day here in NJ, so I didn't think I'd have too much to report in the way of new adventures, but I was wrong!  Most of the day was spent quietly with a few quick trips to the outside, plus lots of food and water and snuggling in bed.  It was just that kind of day.  If it had been a little more seasonable, I think I might have asked for some soup and hot cocoa, but it was mostly warm and humid.  Ick!

Anyway, it cleared up in the late afternoon.  My foster mom wasn't home when The Dad got in.  I heard him get home from work, and greet the upstairs dogs.  Oh well, I figured I'd just roll over and go back to sleep.  But NO!!!!  THEY had to stay in and The Dad changed his clothes and came right down to take me out.  And it wasn't just a quick trip to my field - it was a walk around the property again!  Two days in a row, and this time with The Dad.  Even though he's very manly, I figured I'd better keep him on lead too, just in case those bears were hanging around.   We went all around the street end of the property today, and I got to check out the agility equipment which I think is VERY intriguing and I plan to try a tunnel or two one day when my nervous foster parents aren't watching - they think I can't do stuff, but I really can.  I'll prove it to them.  I can do lots of stuff.

My favorite slave arrived home while The Dad and I were out for our stroll.  She couldn't believe her eyes when she saw us out there together, since he NEVER takes anybody for a walk unless he's asked to.  She said he must really like me a lot.  We all went inside so I could have my dinner (and cheese, of course) and I overheard them talking about how wonderful I am and how much better I look.  The Dad said that they cannot be hasty in looking for a home for me - he wants me to stay here for a good long time until I'm feeling and looking great.  Personally, I think he'd like me to live here forever, but that's not really possible as long as there are five dogs living upstairs.  I'm not inclined to share.  Still, it's nice to be wanted, isn't it? 

I'm trying my hardest to do everything right and so far I think I'm quite successful.  They're especially impressed by my housebreaking skills.  I've got a foam mattress and lots of blankets now, but I think I'm getting a big pouffy mattress in a day or so.  I can hardly wait to nestle in!

Until tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment