Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Bittersweet Day

(but not without its excitements!)

The FM took me to the Post Office today so that I could say goodbye to my best friend Jimmy.   He made her promise that if we didn't both LOVE my new parents, I wouldn't have to go with them.  And he gave me his phone number and e-mail address so I can get in touch with him if I ever need help.  I gave him lots of hugs and kisses so he'd be sure to remember me, and I promised to write when I have time. 

I continued packing my stuff up today, but I also found time to help the FM with some outside chores.  You know me - the tireless, selfless helper!  It's in my blood - I just have to be involved, and I so love to be useful.  It makes me feel very important.  We were putting some of the agility equipment away for the season  and even though I worked really hard carrying stuff back and forth, I did take a few opportunities to have attacks of zoomies - I was racing around like a maniac, with my ears and flews flying, scooting along at about 117 miles an hour.  I think I left flames behind me, I was running so fast.  Then I played one of my favorite games that involves sort of crashing into the FM, and grabbing her leg or her pants and then zooming off before she can catch me.  It's SO much fun, especially when I cut her off and she almost falls.  She doesn't mind though - she knows I'm right there to catch her if necessary.  (editorial note from the FM - DO NOT believe everything you read - he's a maniacal little beast who likes nothing better than to trip me and then pounce on me when I'm on the ground with what he considers to be "catlike grace"  Not quite.....)

We did have one "moment" today though - a slight disagreement.  I just knew that I could do the A-frame, even though she kept saying I shouldn't.  Once, when she had her back turned carrying some jump standards, I started up the A-frame.  She heard me though.  Uh Oh.  You wouldn't think somebody that old could move that fast - she looked like something fired out of a grenade launcher!  Or maybe she was flying on her witch broom. I don't know for sure, but she got to me pretty darn fast.  Too bad I was wearing a collar, because she managed to grab me and stop my daring and swift assault on Mt. Everest.  Such drama - you would have thought I was going to fall off or something.  Who cares that it's almost 7 feet high - I could have done it.  Harrumph.  Just wait - when I'm out by myself tomorrow, I plan to get right up there on the top and then I'm going to howl!  Just to let her know I've done it.  I'm not a baby - I wish she'd stop treating me like one. 

Here are some pictures of me (of course!) with Jimmy.   (well, maybe not - for some reason the server keeps rejecting the photos - I'll ask the FM to try again later - she stays up later than I do - it's time for me to go to bed now!)



No comments:

Post a Comment