Monday, November 1, 2010

All Howl-O's Eve

From October 30

Life just gets better and better!

Last night, I got to sleep for the very first time on my (drum roll, please) four inch thick orthopedic foam mattress!!!!  It was like being on a cloud - I can't believe my good fortune.  On top of the mattress, which has its own cover, is one of my usual folded comforters, and then a nice soft fleece.  Desmond (that's my duck's name) and I got the very best sleep ever last night.  Our foster dad reported that he could hear us snoring!  It was great.

Today I had a little bit of an accident out in my field first thing this morning.  I don't  know how it happened.  I said I was attacked by a monster - it was the only thing I could think of to say.  Somehow my coat fell off - I swear I didn't do anything to make that happen.  And then it got trampled on and got some mud on it and (cringe.....) poop!  So I tried to hide it in the leaves, but it was discovered.  I was mortified.  I was sure our new bed was going to be taken away and that Desmond would run away from home, but nothing bad happened except that I had to wear a PINK coat when I went outside around lunchtime because the blue one was in the washing machine.  Oh well, I'm so manly that probably nobody noticed.

Tomorrow is Sunday - that's my bath day.  My foster parents say that my skin is looking better and better every day, and I hardly smell at all now.  A few more nice baths, and a couple of more weeks of special care, and I should be just about ready to go to my forever home!  I'm so excited!

And tomorrow is Halloween - I hope I get to wear a costume and get some special treats.  Who could refuse me if I knocked at the door????? 

Happy Halloween Everybody!
Love, Magoo

No comments:

Post a Comment